Saturday, March 19, 2011

longing for the past

If I could make time stop I’d want it to stop in the year 2006, then I will be 17 once again. 17, jolly, happy and bubbly, as always. Whenever I’m down or having a bad day, I always look back to the old days(previous posts) with nostalgia. I would giggle, smile at things I used to have, and the person I used to be. Having said that, I don’t mean to say I hate my current life. I just prefer my old life. I like continuity and consistency very much. I don’t like change. But, I was once told, if the change is for the better then I will have learn to adapt. I can’t help to notice the changes around me. It is no longer in equilibrium. Well, that is just from my point of view, and maybe others too. I noticed I have changed too. no longer fun, no longer young, no longer bubbly, no longer naive. I do not know if it is for the better, or worse. nevertheless, I hoped for the former. Every day, to me, is like a long hike up a mountain. It is such a weary journey, with so many new challenges, obstacles and adventures to discover. Or let me put it this way, I have to simultaneously discover, learn and adapt to every single thing that is thrown at me. hence the physical, mental and emotion weariness. If you could grant me a wish, I wish I could have my life back. but, for the time being, I wish I could have my quirky, motley crew back.

By the way, beanie, do you still remember the resolution we made a couple years back? the one we made during Valentine’s Day. LOL. It was written a couple of years back and I still find it hilarious. Haha. must find a valentine before turning 21. So much for a resolution eh… LOL we are 22 already. and where is our valentine! XD


p.s. 4 tests next week. hence the emo post. in spite of everything, I still love every single one of you. Thank you for always being there for me.

3 comments:

Rubin said...

yeshh i still remember our silly resolution. so desperate back then HAHAHA
but i guess we still have time. i mean we're not OFFICIALLY 22 yet. LOL. and i've extended mine to the 25th birthday in the comment box if you still remember. so where is YOUR valentine? any hope in penang? XD

Rubin said...

and gosh, i feel so old. exactly two years had passed :S

zoe said...

haha... i hope my valentine is somewhere... Penang?? errr...

me too.. i can't believe it's been 2years! ><