You may find the following conversation whimsically funny. I do, too.
For 22 years I have been mocked, teased, laughed at, tattled on the same old same old subject
my HEIGHT!
For 22 years I have always been the shortest, if not one of the shortest
and I believe in this world(clearly) there must be plenty of people like me, almost like me, not like me Me but height wise.
but I am still frequently bombarded by oh-I-AM-sorry-I-didn’t-mean-as-an-insult QUESTION(s).
However never once I feel bored (even if my ears are used to it)
although there are times I literally just *yawns* because living as a short person for all my life is nothing new and amusing or like a jaw-dropping thing!
I rest my case.
So sit back relax and enjoy this conversation I have had recently
Idiot: *looked up and down at me* so how tall are you?
ME: Huh? errr… 5feet? almost?
Idiot: But you don’t look like it. Are you sure? *smirking*
ME: well, I don’t know. *shrugging*
awkward silence
Idiot: *looked at me again*
ME: *smiles* (faked it)
Idiot: Are you the shortest in your family? You don’t mind me asking right. You must be getting used to people asking you this question, right? How come you’re so short? Didn’t eat ah? *giggles*
ME: *chuckles* *smiles* (fake expression once again)
ME: Heh.No, Its a family thing. *paused* Yeah, its like a frequently-asked-questions. (truth: must you ask like an idiot? to be honest, only idiots ask me questions like this)
Idiot: Oh H*** C**** is so much taller and slimmer than you huh, Pei Li?
ME: (OMG)
ME: HAHA(faked it once more) yeah… I’m very “meaty” (for you information, I am not thin and I am aware of that. Need not remind regularly)
Idiot: You are not that short. Just very petite. You know what petite is?
ME: (WTF)
………
So as a future reminder to my future friends/acquaintances or boyfriend(HAHA), if you do not want to be labelled as an idiot, please do not ask me questions regarding my height scornfully. Ask properly and I will not curse you. Well, I have prepared a basic guide for you curious cats out there to ask me questions regarding my height!
1) How tall are you?
2) Is this a trait in your family?
3) You didn’t exercise much when you were young huh?
4) Between your sisters, who’s the shortest?
Hmmm… I should approach John Wiley & Sons for I got a new idea for the Dummies Collection.
I’ll name it How to ask someone questions regarding their physique …for Dummies
p.s I have always been short for all I can remember. I can even joke about it. I do not mind joking about it with you. But, is it necessary to insult me? Asking me unnecessary questions, making irrelevant comparisons just to bring me down? Well, I may not be the most polite person in this world but I know what manners is.
3 comments:
you know what petite is?
ROFLMAO! what kind of idiot ask this?? XDDDD
u may be surprised it came from someone with excellent academic background.....
what an idiot! hmp!
*hugs ah pa*
Post a Comment